Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm in a show!


The Amazing and Talented Lana Crooks over at Crooked Art co-curated a fantastic show in her gallery in Chicago. I sure wish I could see it in person, because a few of these dolls look really stunning. in particular, these beauties by Joe Shea :
Just wow. I want.

Anywho, here are the gallery shots of my Jack and the Beanstalk set. I liked the feeling the wood showing through gave them, made them seem more like old handed down toys to me, so I left them unvarnished.



And a few detail shots of my own:




Check out the A.Okay Gallery website at http://aokayofficial.com.

2 comments:

  1. These must have been so fun to make! Congrats on your show - you'll have to show at my studio sometime too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Congratulations, they look like you had fun with them :)

    ReplyDelete