Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Man with Green Eyes for Creepythread

The Man with Green Eyes


Last month I got an email from Jensine Eckwall and Peter Schmidt about a book they are putting together revolving around the internet scary story phenomenon called Creepypasta. I love scary stories and the internet-so how could I say no? The /CREEPYTHREAD book will debut at MoCCAfest 2014 along with Brooklyn Zine FestTCAF, and SPX.

After reading tons of these scary shorts, I came upon The Man with Green Eyes and knew it was the one I wanted to do. It's got elements of myth and the supernatural and the character intrigued me Most importantly,  I saw an image in my head that felt like fun to paint.  Here is my version of the story:

The Man with the Green Eyes

There is a road near the Everglades in Florida which you will only end up on when lost. There is no cell service, your radio will turn to static and your map will have mysteriously vanished.

Driving forward, you will find that you can't turn around and everything behind you is dark. You will come upon a crossroads with no signposts. In the middle there will be a man, covered in various pieces of cloth. Only his eyes are visible, which are bright green.

There are a very specific set of rules you must follow in order to survive an encounter with the Green-eyed man. In the end, you must kneel before him and offer him your loyalty. If you do this, he will close his eyes and bow in return, extending a hand to whichever path will lead you back to safety.

You can read the original story and many others here.

Check out some of the other awesome art for the book at http://creepythreadbook.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment