Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bits from the sketchbook

Time to start keeping up with posts more regularly! Here are a few things from the sketchbook:

First an old wandering wizard and his traveling companion.



I love winter for all the interesting layered fashions that people wear around the city. The bottom was a lovely woman on the subway with a great hat. The top figure was done from memory of a neat jacket a girl was wearing on the street.



I'm very lucky to be living in the heart of Park Slope, where there are so many interesting people on every corner. One of my favorite regulars is the Accordian Man. He sits out on various corners and plays some really lovely music- and I have always had a soft spot for accordion. So one evening as I was waiting for a friend, I sat at the Connecticut Muffin and sketched him for about 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the bottom one, Kristina! You captured a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know my feelings concerning the Tortoise Hermit. He is brilliant, as are you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete