Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gandalf!

So I've been working several things: one of which is a Gandalf portrait and thought I would share it in its "sketch" stage.



I tried a different way of working this one- just using some photo reference, and sketching first with a blue pencil and then with raw umber directly on a gessoed panel. There's something lovely about the freedem this warrants- much like drawing with charcoal. It's got some colors on it now, and perhaps I will share another progress shot soon.

Back to the easel!

5 comments:

  1. !!!!! Kristina this looks effing awesome. I cannot wait to see this in progress! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Kristina! Looking forward to seeing where you take this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously well done kristina! proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。.........................

    ReplyDelete